[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia driver and FC5 smp

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno@sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 19 22:05:02 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to install the latest nvidia driver using FC5 and CCRMA edge
smp-kernel. I installed the kernel-devel package and set the kernel
source for the nvidia installer and after compiling it complains that
the nvidia module is not in the right format (as if the kernel headers
were not the right version, and they seem to be!). I tried with the
CCRMA edge single processor kernel and the nvidia module compiled and
installed without problems but at reboot X couldn't find the module.

Question for Matt Barber: how did you rebuild the livna package? would
you mind posting a how-to? I used to do it in the Debian world but I
still find RPMs and Fedora a little bit confusing.

Thanks!

Hector