[PlanetCCRMA] Why we we have to use Red Hat?

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Fri Jan 28 08:14:01 2005

Matt Barber wrote:

>Do you want to completely uninstall gnome (including gdm), or would just
>installing fluxbox work?  You can grab fluxbox from many apt-repositories..
>I think freshrpms has one (and I think Fernando's sources.list that you get
>when you install apt from ccrma has freshrpms as a commented option).

No, I don't want to completely uninstall GNOME, I assume there are apps
in the Planet that depend on it, and I may want to build other
GNOME-dependent apps in future.

>You may have to change some things in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions and/or /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession
>to get it to work with FC... I can let you know what I did to get it to work.
>And you need to make your own .Xclients and .Xclients.default to make it your default,
>since the switchdesk program won't work with Fluxbox for some reason.

Okay, sounds easy enough, I'll try it this evening. Thanks !

Best,

dp