[PlanetCCRMA] RE: Edirol UA-25 not recognized by software

Luis Garrido garrido_luis@hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 04:31:01 2005

>Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:47:52 -0500
>From: Antonio Enriquez <ntonyo@gmail.com>
>To: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
>Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] Edirol UA-25 not recognized by software
>
>I recently installed FC3 & CCRMA onto a Dell Latitude C610.  The
>module loaded for the audio card is an intel8x0, and works fine.
>Using qamix I am able to control the inputs and outputs of the intel
>audio card.  I recently purchased an Edirol UA-25 USB Audio/MIDI
>interface, but I can't seem to get the software (qamix, ardour, etc.)
>to recognize the UA-25.
>I thought I could disable the internal audio card by modifying the
>config file for loading modules.  Qamix only displays the options for
>the previous card.
>
>When I use qamix, under soundcard, usb is an option, but no controls
>are displayed when it is selected.  The UA-25 is working fine, but I
>feel that I'm missing something.

I didn't have any problems with UA-25, provided you use a 2.6 kernel, ALSA
1.07 and tweak a bit the jackd buffers to avoid clicks. You can see a

Bear in mind that UA-25 does not provide mixer controls, so you cannot use a
mixer-like program to control the volume of sound. You have to adjust the
level at the program that is producing the sound (CD-player, softsynth,
audio sw...)

Which is the output of

cat /proc/asound/cards
cat /proc/asound/card0
cat /proc/asound/card1

?

If you can see there the audio/midi devices provided by the UA-25, there
should be no problem at all.

Good luck,

Luis