[PlanetCCRMA] MMC/clock or MTC sync anyone?

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 20:06:02 2005

Hi Mark,

--- Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:46:07 -0800, Mark Knecht
> <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:16:34 -0800 (PST), R Parker
> <rtp405@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > > What is the "external sequencer" device?
> > >
> > > ron
> >
> > Pro Tools.
> >
> > Can I tell Ardour to follow Pro Tools transport? I
> haven't tried as I
> > thought Ardour could only be the master.
> >
> > - Mark
> >

> Answering self partially, apparently no. Ardour may
> follow MIDI Time
> Clock (MTC) if it's configured to do that AND it
> receives MTC, but
> Ardour does not respond to MIDI Machine Control.
> (MMC) IT is
> apparently MMC that carries the transport info?

Maybe this has already been answered--I'm jumping into
the thread. Yes! Ardour does respond to MMC which is
strictly instructions. There's probably work that can
be done to increase the number of instructions but
transport, fader, mute, track arm and Play/Record have
all worked at various times. I think fader and all the
transport instructions are working.

> Anyone know what MIDI Beat Clock is? Pro Tools can
> also generate this.

It seems to me that many keyboards use it.

ron