[PlanetCCRMA] Recording Click Track in Ardour

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Jan 24 11:25:03 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:12:05 -0500, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:57:34 -0800
> Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> >    I haven't tried this in a long time but can't you run the output of
> > the click track through it's own buses so that it gets a visible
> > volume control? I *think* I did that a long time ago, but I could be
> > wrong.
> >
> >   Looking at Ardour's click options page, just create a few buses,
> > name them click1, 2 & 3 and set the output of the click track to those
> > buses' inputs, and set the output of those buses to where you want
> > them to go. (I.e. - different headphone outputs.) Mix them like you
> > would any other submaster and mute them when you don't need them.
>
> Yep, that'd work too!  I'll have to remember that one.  I tend
> to underuse busses in my work.

Great. I'm a bus freak actually. I use far too many of them and
clutter up my screen all the time, but I love them. Submasters, reverb
and effects placement. If I don't have 5-10 buses in my session I'm
not being creative enough. ;-)

I got this hooked up but haven't used the click track in a long, long
time. How do you actually turn it on?

BTW - Ardour's click track has been begged for in the Pro Tools
community forever but Digi never provided it. (TTBOMK) They expect you
to do it with MIDI and external hardware, or to build it yourself
using audio samples. Such a waste of time. SO nice the way Ardour does
it as it works after making tempo changes.

- Mark