[PlanetCCRMA] Recording Click Track in Ardour

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Jan 24 10:58:01 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:12:15 -0500, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:37:19 -0800 (PST)
> R Parker <rtp405@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Click has On and Off button in the transport. Once
> > Options are correct it's unecessary to use that
> > interface.
>
> Not entirely true, as I sometimes need more than the toggle - volume is
> often necessary during overdubs.  Different people like it at different
> volumes depending on the part.
>
> For me, it's amazingly handy to have it available as another mixer
> strip, or to bring it up to the left of the editor window.  Granted,
> eventually the song builds up to where it's a lot less important, but
> in the early stages, I really like having it there.
>
> The joy of ardour is that it's a simple thing to make it a track and
> then remove it down the line.  It really makes it easy to work however
> one wants to.
> --

Joe,
   I haven't tried this in a long time but can't you run the output of
the click track through it's own buses so that it gets a visible
volume control? I *think* I did that a long time ago, but I could be
wrong.

  Looking at Ardour's click options page, just create a few buses,
name them click1, 2 & 3 and set the output of the click track to those
buses' inputs, and set the output of those buses to where you want
them to go. (I.e. - different headphone outputs.) Mix them like you
would any other submaster and mute them when you don't need them.

   Can't see why it shouldn't work and probably can be part of a
template so that you don't have to set it up again.

HTH,
Mark