[PlanetCCRMA] Recording Click Track in Ardour

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Mon Jan 24 10:13:01 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:37:19 -0800 (PST)
R Parker <rtp405@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Click has On and Off button in the transport. Once
> Options are correct it's unecessary to use that
> interface.

Not entirely true, as I sometimes need more than the toggle - volume is
often necessary during overdubs.  Different people like it at different
volumes depending on the part.

For me, it's amazingly handy to have it available as another mixer
strip, or to bring it up to the left of the editor window.  Granted,
eventually the song builds up to where it's a lot less important, but
in the early stages, I really like having it there.

The joy of ardour is that it's a simple thing to make it a track and
then remove it down the line.  It really makes it easy to work however
one wants to.