[PlanetCCRMA] Need "options" for /etc/modprobe.conf for audigy (hw0) and USB keyboard (hw1)

Mon Jan 17 10:05:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 06:21, nigel henry wrote:
> planetccrma stuff and thats ok as well now. I still get "Alsa driver
> already started" on the boot-up on screen details for FC2, and when I
> saw that thought it wasn't going to work properly again, but all was ok.

Glad it finally works. That warning is normal, that's the alsasound
script telling you that some drivers were already running when it tried
to start them (snd-usb-midi).

> It may be an idea to make an addition eventually to the part on the web
> page "Configuring tha Alsa driver" with regard to using USB midi
> keyboards. But I suppose you could go on forever allowing for all the
> variables, and that section would become a manual in its own right.

Yesterday I added a "Multiple Sound Cards" section to the Fedora Core
2/3 install guide (that was already part of the <= Fedora Core 1 install
guide). That covers multiple sound cards, including usb keyboards, of
course.

-- Fernando