[PlanetCCRMA] realtime capabilites in 2.6.10

Mon Jan 17 11:49:03 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 11:42, Björn Elenfors wrote:
> At last upgrade I got myself a 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma kernel and I
> also switched my old realcap script for the newer rtload and rtirq
> scripts in the rc.d directory.  When starting jack in the qjackctl I
> get the following:
>
> 20:32:24.743 /usr/bin/jackstart -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p1024 -n2
> 20:32:24.755 JACK was started with PID=3897 (0xf39).
> jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
>            =ep cap_setpcap-ep
>     probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
>     a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"
> back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
> jackstart: could not give capabilities: Operation not permitted
> jackd 0.99.36

With the new lsm realtime kernel module jackstart will complain about
the capabilities but will work fine anyway. You can either ignore the
warning or use "jackd" instead of "jackstart".

> lsmod shows no trace of the realtime module.  any hints?

Did you install rtload and rtirq through planetccrma-core? Or manually?
It would seem that rtload is not enabled. See what it looks like:

/sbin/chkconfig --list rtload
(is it "on"?)
If it is off in all levels you should configure it on so that it loads
automatically on boot (it should have been set to "on" automatically
when it was installed):
/sbin/chkconfig rtload on

Or you can start it manually to test it:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/rtload start

-- Fernando