[PlanetCCRMA] multi card fc2

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sat Jan 15 11:08:01 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:39:17 +0000, Steve Harris

> > I've never managed to make anything useful in the asound.rc file yet.
> > I'd need some guidance. LAU? Sign up for Alsa-User/Alsa-Devel again?
>
> Me neither, I'm not sure where to go for help, there is a wiki or similar
> I think.
>
> - Steve

I filed a bug report at Alsa-Project.org. There really needs to be
some thought given to this sort of thing. I happen to have two Windows
baoxes booked up, but it could just as easily be 3 Linux boxes if I
switched Pro Tools to Ardour and GigaStudio to LinuxSampler. In any
multiple PC configuration it seems pretty obvious to me that you don't
want each PC on the net going around and changing sample rates on the
fly, or am I missing something?

Thanks for the ideas.

- Mark