[PlanetCCRMA] Sending realtime multichannel audio over ethernet?

Brian Jarrett bjarrett@garcoschools.org
Fri Jan 14 09:57:02 2005

I see that digigram has a hardware solution for sending multichannel audio over ethernet.

Is anyone aware of something like this using PCs instead of outboard hardware?

I'd REALLY like to use this to output audio from Ableton Live (running on Windows) into a Linux DAW running Ardour for mixdown and eventual mastering with JAMin, etc.  That way I keep everything in the digital realm.  But if anyone knew of a Windows to Windows only solution that might be useful too.  (For that matter a Linux to Linux solution over ethernet would be good to know as well.)

(Of course if there was software like Ableton Live for Linux, that would be the best!)

The only thing I've found so far is FX-Teleport, but it's a VST for sending audio to VST effects on another PC and back again.  Great for distrubuting processing load, but not what I'm looking for.

Brian