[PlanetCCRMA] Planet from FC1 to FC3

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Sat Jan 8 18:44:00 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 06:42, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > /etc/modprobe.conf is edited every time I boot the box. Who edits my
> > files?
>
> I think it is some component of kudzu. You could try to see what happens
> if you disable that automatic startup of kudzu:
>   /sbin/chkconfig --del kudzu
> In some situations kudzu is a pain.....

Now /etc/modprobe.conf stays as I write it, but prism54 still gets
loaded, so I have to do the rmmod thingy at boot to get on the net.

> > file called menu.lst in the grub directory that links to grub.conf. Is
> > this the file I should edit?
>
> I don't know and this is strange. What is the content of that file? Do
> you have a /boot directory? Or do you have a separate /boot partition?
> (check /etc/fstab) Do you have a subdirectory /boot/grub in either case?
> What is in there?

Indeed, I have a separate boot partition, which was used during boot but
did not get mounted. The reference in /etc/fstab was wrong. This may or
may not be a bug in the installation program.

I briefly tested the 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 kernels, and they seem to perform
as good  in term of latency as the 2.4 ccrma kernel I am currently
using.

br, Timo