[PlanetCCRMA] upgrade questions

Kevin Ernste kevine@esm.rochester.edu
Wed Jan 5 09:29:01 2005

It's hidden ;)

Grab the standard FC3 isos and install normally.  Then grab The Planet
apt package, apt.conf, sources.list, etc.  Edit sources.list changing
all "2"s to "3"s and you should be set.

The recent Planet changelogs have info about the kernel status and
packages available.  The basic question is do you go with
"kernel-2.6.9-2.2.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma" or
"kernel-2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma".  The latter does not include the
lowlat stuff just yet but seems to run amazingly well here due to code
that has apparently moved upstream.  Results may vary.  SRMS are here
if you prefer:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/

See Fernado's 12/30 changelog entry for more specific info, commands,
etc.  If memory serves, "apt-get install planetccrma-core" will
install the 2.6.9...kernel whereas "apt-get dist-upgrade" will grab
2.6.10...  Apps are ready, almost everything at this point.  I don't
think there is a "planetccrma-audioapps" yet.  I've been installing as
they come in.

Anyway, things are running very, very well for me on FC3.  Best of luck.

Kevin