[PlanetCCRMA] Re: ccrma vs at once again: libsndfile

Mon Jan 3 18:39:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 18:11, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:00:33PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> > Although, when I went through Fernando's process and then added the
> > ATrpms back in, I was able to update libsndfile (libsindfile1 was
> > also updated)
> >
> > I don't know why I'm the only one that hits this.
>
> You are hitting these issues because you turn off and on the repos you
> use. :)

Yes and no. It makes sense the first time, but not the second. The
second time this happened he had, I believe, fresh metadata because that
is how he got rid of the first conflict. Well, not fresh, but a day or
two old :-)

There is another thing I don't understand. If you get rid of all the
repositories the metadata is "loaded" from nowhere. As far as I can
remember last time I tried this to solve a problem, that erased all the
metadata from the local machine. Why does it remember old metadata after
that? Has the behavior of apt changed?

-- Fernando