[PlanetCCRMA] Re: ccrma vs at once again: libsndfile

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jan 3 18:53:02 2005

--7LkOrbQMr4cezO2T

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:38:01PM -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 18:11, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:00:33PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> > > Although, when I went through Fernando's process and then added the
> > > ATrpms back in, I was able to update libsndfile (libsindfile1 was
> > > also updated)
> > >=20
> > > I don't know why I'm the only one that hits this.
> >=20
> > You are hitting these issues because you turn off and on the repos you
> > use. :)
>=20
> Yes and no. It makes sense the first time, but not the second. The
> second time this happened he had, I believe, fresh metadata because that
> is how he got rid of the first conflict. Well, not fresh, but a day or
> two old :-)
>=20
> There is another thing I don't understand. If you get rid of all the
> repositories the metadata is "loaded" from nowhere. As far as I can
> remember last time I tried this to solve a problem, that erased all the
> metadata from the local machine. Why does it remember old metadata after
> that? Has the behavior of apt changed?

No, not AFAIK. Brad's adventures are quite unique, I hadn't ever had
any reports of this kind (remembering 2-6 months old metadata). And I
haven't seen anything similar reported on the apt-rpm list. You can
nuke the contents of /var/*/apt/* to reset all of apt's metadata and
caching to make sure no old remnants will remain.

Still it would be nice to see whether simply activating the repos and
having a proper apt-get (dist-)upgrade will rectify all issues. Or
otherwise nuking the packages from the repos that are not going to be
kept in the sources.list.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--7LkOrbQMr4cezO2T