[PlanetCCRMA] Re: ccrma vs at once again: libsndfile

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jan 3 18:12:02 2005

--MAH+hnPXVZWQ5cD/

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:00:33PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Although, when I went through Fernando's process and then added the
> ATrpms back in, I was able to update libsndfile (libsindfile1 was
> also updated)
>=20
> I don't know why I'm the only one that hits this.

You are hitting these issues because you turn off and on the repos you
use. :)

> Should it be absolutely ok to have both the ccrma repos and the
> ATrpm repos available?

Well, the default configuration at ATrpms was for every ATrpms user to
have PlanetCCRMA enabled in his config (the medley-package-config), so
there are several thousand users with this combination including the
maintainer of ATrpms :)

> I thought that this was to be the case, but when I accessed them
> both I had problems.

Until now the issues you had were due to stale rpms probably because
you had commented out the ATrpms repo, so the packages could not
follow their upgrade path. There was neither an issue with one of the
repos per se, or with the combination of the two.

> I tried to reduce the access to the ATrpms repos to help (no
> offense, Axel... it's just that the ccrma packages are what I really
> need.)

No offense taken. If all you need is ccrma, and you cannot get both
repos running (though there is no reason to not to be able to) then
follow the instructions I posted to remove all ATrpms.net packages
(and iterate the same procedure to remove all non-Red Hat, non-CCRMA
packages if you have to).

Personally I would recommend just enabling the repos and enjoy the
plethora of packages, but its you choice. ;)
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--MAH+hnPXVZWQ5cD/

--MAH+hnPXVZWQ5cD/--