[PlanetCCRMA] Re: ccrma vs at once again: libsndfile

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Mon Jan 3 18:01:02 2005

--------------070308070405080006030204

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 04:34:39PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>This is getting quite frustrating..... I feel I should just start
>>over..... :-(
>>
>>when trying to do some more upgrades for the latest ccrma FC2 kernel
>>and packages, I came across my old friend that keeps biting my
>>butt. Here's the latest incarnation (or, maybe it's an incantation):
>>
>>#apt-get install libsndfile
>>file /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1 from install of
>>libsndfile-1.0.11-1.rhfc2.ccrma conflicts with file from package
>>libsndfile1-1.0.10-5.rhfc2.at
>>
>>This time, I tried what I did before with the "libxslt" conflict
>>(message a couple of days ago) -- namely, make the repository to
>>ATrpms (at-stable) available in sources.list, install, and then
>>comment ATrpms repository out again, then go on my merry way
>>Unfortunately, this time, I get the same error.
>>

>Did you apt-get update?

yep

>ATrpms has 1.0.11 since mid-November 2004, so
>you are seeing old parts again.
>

>>Perhaps I should just start over with a complete ccrma installation?
>>If there is a better way, that'd be great. If not, is there anything
>>special that I need to know about removing all audio libs? (I'd hate
>>to do a complete re-installation of the OS!)
>>

>Perhaps you should activate ATrpms and have a full freshen up. The
>idea of a repo is not to turn it on and off at different times. If you
>are uncomfortable with the ATrpms repo you should not turn off the
>repo before you kill all ATrpms packages.

I understand this. I was following advice from before to see if it would
be as successful as before. It wasn't

>Should you decide to go that way (I hope not), you can identify all
>ATrpms packages with
>
>rpm -qa --qf '%{vendor} %{name}\n' | grep ^ATrpms.net | awk '{print $2}'
>
>If you want to get rid of these packages append an "| xargs rpm -e --nodeps"
>
>And then have "apt-get -f install" cure the open wounds.
>
>But I would recommend to let the repos active (along with others from
>the medley-package-config) and have them do their job. ;=)

Thanks so much for the help Axel and Fernando. I do appreciate the quick
return.

>Comment out _all_ repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list and
>/etc/apt/sources.list.d/* (if you have them). Then do an "apt-get
>update" (ie: no repositories at all). Then add just what you need and
>again do an "apt-get update" to fetch the metadata.
>
>-- Fernando

I did this and it didn't help.

Although, when I went through Fernando's process and then added the
ATrpms back in, I was able to update libsndfile (libsindfile1 was also
updated)

There seems to be some sort of conflict (name conflict?) between ccrma
packages and ATrpms packages. I don't know why I'm the only one that
hits this. Should it be absolutely ok to have both the ccrma repos and
the ATrpm repos available? I thought that this was to be the case, but
when I accessed them both I had problems. I tried to reduce the access
to the ATrpms repos to help (no offense, Axel... it's just that the
ccrma packages are what I really need.)

brad

--------------070308070405080006030204

<head>
</head>
Axel Thimm wrote:
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 04:34:39PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">This is getting quite frustrating..... I feel I should just start
over..... :-(

when trying to do some more upgrades for the latest ccrma FC2 kernel
and packages, I came across my old friend that keeps biting my
butt. Here's the latest incarnation (or, maybe it's an incantation):

#apt-get install libsndfile
file /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1 from install of
libsndfile-1.0.11-1.rhfc2.ccrma conflicts with file from package
libsndfile1-1.0.10-5.rhfc2.at

This time, I tried what I did before with the "libxslt" conflict
(message a couple of days ago) -- namely, make the repository to
ATrpms (at-stable) available in sources.list, install, and then
comment ATrpms repository out again, then go on my merry way
Unfortunately, this time, I get the same error.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Did you apt-get update? </pre>
yep<br>
  <pre wrap="">ATrpms has 1.0.11 since mid-November 2004, so
you are seeing old parts again.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Perhaps I should just start over with a complete ccrma installation?
If there is a better way, that'd be great. If not, is there anything
special that I need to know about removing all audio libs? (I'd hate
to do a complete re-installation of the OS!)
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Perhaps you should activate ATrpms and have a full freshen up. The
idea of a repo is not to turn it on and off at different times. If you
are uncomfortable with the ATrpms repo you should not turn off the
repo before you kill all ATrpms packages.
  </pre>
I understand this. I was following advice from before to see if it
would be as successful as before. It wasn't<br>
  <pre wrap="">
Should you decide to go that way (I hope not), you can identify all
ATrpms packages with

rpm -qa --qf '%{vendor} %{name}\n' | grep ^ATrpms.net | awk '{print $2}'

If you want to get rid of these packages append an "| xargs rpm -e --nodeps"

And then have "apt-get -f install" cure the open wounds.

But I would recommend to let the repos active (along with others from
the medley-package-config) and have them do their job. ;=)
  </pre>
Thanks so much for the help Axel and Fernando. I do appreciate the
quick return.<br>
  <pre wrap="">Comment out <span class="moz-txt-underscore"><span
 class="moz-txt-tag">/</span></i>* (if you have them). Then do an "apt-get
update" (ie: no repositories at all). Then add just what you need and
again do an "apt-get update" to fetch the metadata.

-- Fernando</pre>
I did this and it didn't help.<br>
Although, when I went through Fernando's process and then added the
ATrpms back in, I was able to update libsndfile (libsindfile1 was also
updated)<br>
There seems to be some sort of conflict (name conflict?) between ccrma
packages and ATrpms packages. I don't know why I'm the only one that
hits this. Should it be absolutely ok to have both the ccrma repos and
the ATrpm repos available? I thought that this was to be the case, but
when I accessed them both I had problems. I tried to reduce the access
to the ATrpms repos to help (no offense, Axel... it's just that the
ccrma packages are what I really need.)<br>
brad<br>

--------------070308070405080006030204--