[PlanetCCRMA] ccrma vs at once again: libsndfile

Mon Jan 3 17:08:02 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 16:34, Brad Fuller wrote:
> This is getting quite frustrating..... I feel I should just start
> over..... :-(
>
> when trying to do some more upgrades for the latest ccrma FC2 kernel
> and packages, I came across my old friend that keeps biting my butt.
> Here's the latest incarnation (or, maybe it's an incantation):
>
> #apt-get install libsndfile
> file /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1 from install of
> libsndfile-1.0.11-1.rhfc2.ccrma conflicts with file from package
> libsndfile1-1.0.10-5.rhfc2.at
>
> This time, I tried what I did before with the "libxslt" conflict
> (message a couple of days ago) -- namely, make the repository to
> ATrpms (at-stable) available in sources.list, install, and then
> comment ATrpms repository out again, then go on my merry way
> Unfortunately, this time, I get the same error.
>
> Perhaps I should just start over with a complete ccrma installation?
> If there is a better way, that'd be great. If not, is there anything
> special that I need to know about removing all audio libs? (I'd hate
> to do a complete re-installation of the OS!)

Comment out _all_ repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list and
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/* (if you have them). Then do an "apt-get
update" (ie: no repositories at all). Then add just what you need and
again do an "apt-get update" to fetch the metadata.

-- Fernando