[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with qt33 and Muse

Sun Jan 2 16:46:01 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 08:05, Neil Klepeis wrote:
> I installed the qt33 package on my FC1 PlanetCCRMA set and then compiled
> the latest Muse version 0.7.1pre3 from source.  It compiles OK, but I
> get the following message when trying to run it:
>
> muse: relocation error: muse: undefined symbol:
> _Z7copyBltP7QPixmapiiPKS_iiii
>

> I have the QTDIR and the LD_LIBRARY_DIR variables set to the
> /usr/lib/qt-3.3.3 directory.  But only the old /usr/lib/qt-3.1 directory
> is set in ld.so.conf.
>
> I'm kinda new with the whole installing-multiple-QT's-on-one-box thing.
>   Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

You will need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to
/usr/lib/qt3.3.3/lib so the dynamically linking happens agains the qt33
package, not the normal qt package. You probably also want to do this at
compile time if you are using any of the binary tools in the qt33
package. Or alternatively you can use the -rpath linker command to
include the qt33 library patch in the muse executable itself (what I'm
doing in the current muse release for rh9/fc1.

-- Fernando