[PlanetCCRMA] alsa-driver problem

Mon Jan 20 10:20:02 2003

> > Yes, version 43 (from cvs) is much newer and, for example, works much
> > better with usb audio cards. Apparently it does not work in your case.
> > I'll release a newer version next week (I'm having problems compiling
> > current cvs on smp machines), which may have this issue solved. Till
> > then you could "downgrade" to -36 if it works for you.
>
>   Yes, I did this and now ardour works beautyfully... I hope that in the
>   next release the problem will be fixed (I don't understand: it's only
>   a cmipci problem or is more generalized?).

Well, alsa is still evolving, new cards are added and new features are
added to old cards sometimes. Bugs are fixed. Sometimes new bugs are
created :-) In this case your card was affected... I use cvs which is
supposed to be less stable than the so called "stable" tarball, but it
usually includes more fixes for problems.

-- Fernando