[CM] translating spirals into music CLM

john henry dale johnhenrydale@gmail.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:51:58 -0400

------=_Part_121598_23036603.1185342718717

Ok, does anyone have any insight on how/what I would use in CLM to send
panning information to a 5 channel speaker system with a tweeter tree
speaker sitting above the audience in the center of the room ? Would that
tweeter tree be a Z axis for panning coordinates ?  I have basically figured
out the timing, tonal and rhythmic components for the "spiral composition"
by using fibonacci numbers as time marker points in the composition to
increase the speed of the rhythm and the note frequencies logarithmically.
But what I can't figure out is how to map sound output to a 5 channel system
such that the sound will seemingly go in circles around the room (and
audience), starting from  sub-audible frequencies (1 hz, 2 hz, 3 hz, 5 hz, 8
hz etc) from "below" the floor, so to speak, and continuing to spiral
"upward" until reaching a climax point (which will have all 5 channels going
at full amplitude) and then "descending" back down again. Would it perhaps
be better to use an 9 channel system to do this, with 4 speakers on the
floor and 4 at ear height ?  anyway, i looked am assuming that loc-sig is
where i would start with this but would truly appreciate any tips or
shortcuts people may have in terms of how to coordinate the rhythm and
timing of the composition with the panning effects I mentioned earlier.
Thanks,
John Henry Dale

[...]

ll have all 5 channels going at full amplitude) and then "descending&q=
uot; back down again. Would it perhaps be better to use an 9 channel system=