[CM] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Snd-ls V0.9.6.2

andersvi@extern.uio.no andersvi@extern.uio.no
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:42:27 +0200

>>> "P" == Paul Davis <paul@linuxaudiosystems.com> writes:

>> Talking about fate and hope and such: an import/export of
>> suitable versions of ardours playlists (timed objects) in ardour
>> would be great to interface it cleanly to tools like CM.  An
>> "object" would consist of time, source, region, route'gain
>> automation-data, everything making up a regions situation in a
>> mix.
P>
P> this is something you can hope for. we already allow per-region export,
P> but the workflow leaves something to be desired.

Being able to generate well-formed playlists from external apps
(CM) and importing them into existing Ardour sessions would be
extremely useful.  No.2 would be to export and work on
automation-data outside of Ardour, and importing back again.

As much scriptability of Ardour's interface (scheme or CL-wise)
as possible is very much desired!

OSC i/o of ardour, and being able to read files with OSC-bundles
to use as playlists (or something to translate to Ardour's
.playlist-format) could make flexible and general solutions
towards this.