[Stk] Choosing specific non-default audio output device

Gary Worsham gary.worsham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:06:28 PDT 2016

I set up Stk on Ubuntu 14.04 with a Focusrite USB interface.  ALSA doesn't
like to set a USB interface as default so I couldn't manage it.  Started
looking into code, e.g.audioprobe.cpp, but it didn't leap out at me how to
manage it.

I also installed Stk on a Macbook Air and it worked fine with built-in
audio, but that is not my preferred place to work on stuff.

I'm sure I could figure it out eventually as I really would like to use
some of these classes to prototype a particular sound effect, but this
seems pretty difficult as it is.

Thanks for any clues!

Gary W.