[Stk] RtAudio DS API under Win7

Utku Uzmen utkuuzmen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:55:12 PST 2010

Hello,

A few months back I wrote about a potential issue when using DirectSound
under Windows 7. I got the chance to trace this issue recently, and it seems
in RtApiDs::probeDeviceOpen(), the call to GetForegroundWindow() will return
NULL most of the time when the app is started by clicking an icon pinned to
the Win7 taskbar. This means calls such as SetCooperativeLevel() will fail
and the API will not initialize. Changing GetForegroundWindow() to
GetDesktopWindow() (mentioned in comments) apparently fixes this.

Hope this is useful to those working under Win7.

Utku Uzmen