[Stk] Fwd: Problem compiling a STK object for Pd

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 06:19:13 PST 2010

Hi,

I am a Pd user and am completely new to both STK and flext, so i apologize
in advance if i ask stupid questions.
I am interested in using some of the STK objects in Pd. Having found a
tutorial about this on the CCRMA website (
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/stkforpd/) I followed the instructions
carefully and managed to install both STK and Flext (with Thomas' precious
help because Flext wouldn't build with the new STK). I then downloaded the
clarinet.cpp file (attached to this mail) and the Makefile that was
provided, put both in one folder and typed make. Then i got a whole bunch of
errors (which i have attached to this email), which seem to be related to
flext to some extent, because the first error occurs here in the .cpp :

        // This function must be defined for any flext object that
        // processes signals at the audio rate.
    virtual void m_signal(int n, float *const *in, float *const *out);
    Instrmnt *inst;
    Effect *effect;
    BiQuad filter;

In his email Thomas said that many things had changed in the latest STK
which would require quite a few changes in Flext as well. I am using the
latest STK, i don't know if this could be the cause of my problem. I maybe i
just did something wrong at some point.
Any help would be appreciated!

Pierre