[Stk] RtApiDummy: This class provides no functionality.

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 11 06:26:39 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:16 AM, alpana jui <lpnjui at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Steve,
>
>  Thank you for your email.
>
>  I was trying to comment the RtAudioDUMMY in the source but it is not
> workign either.
>
> Is there any suggestions that I can apply. I am also trying to read
> the RtAudio link site to be clear about the parameters I need to set.
>
> I just do not understand how any program example in the STK and
> RtAudio site I tried in the Xcode giving me RtDummy and no
> functionality but it works in the terminal when I specify the user
> parameters. Is there something where I can pay attention to fix my
> problem so that I do not see the RtAudio API DUMMY anymore.

I see, this is the first time you have mentioned you are using XCode.
The "configure" step is intended only for when you use the terminal and "make".
In that case it is working for you?

Then in XCode you should just need to make sure the same preprocessor
flags are defined:  "__GXX__", "__LITTLE_ENDIAN__", and
"__MACOSX_CORE__", and also you can make sure that "RAWWAVE_PATH"
points correctly to the "rawwaves" folder.

You must ensure that XCode is doing the same thing that "make" is
doing in the terminal.  In any case you may be on your own since I
think no one else that I know of uses STK with XCode at the moment,
though perhaps someone else on the list will answer.

Steve