[Stk] Re: STK 4.3.0 released

Felipe Sateler fsateler@gmail.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 22:25:40 -0400

--nextPart1801078.C80gN8fSKW

On Monday 01 October 2007 18:42:41 Thomas de Grivel wrote:

> I need an uploader though I still wonder about the usability of this
> package : the debian package has binaries with support for oss,
> alsa and jack but the installed headers do not provide them unless
> the user defines some (unprefixed) macros like __LINUX_ALSA__.
>
> I feel we should at least create some config.h at compilation and
> maybe include it in stk headers, or let the user include it. Another
> less intrusive solution would be to create a pkgconfig file. I can do
> both. Maybe even upstream would be interested ?

A quick glance through the sources suggest that such macros are really used=
=20
only when building the stk source files, but not in the installed header=20
files, except for defining some unix-specific macros/typedefs/includes. Sin=
ce=20
all debian-generated versions will be unix-based, maybe it makes sense=20
to "hardcode" the macros at installation time, or provide a config.h that=20
gets included by all needing headers. The .pc file I think is not optimal=20
since there is a chance that someone might not use it to get the appropriat=
e=20
CXXFLAGS.

It should not be difficult to change configure.ac to create a config.h that=
=20
contains the apropriate definitions.

=2D-=20

	Felipe Sateler