[Stk] Re: STK 4.3.0 released

Thomas de Grivel billitch@gmail.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 00:42:41 +0200

I am posting this to stk and debian-multimedia lists because I would
appreciate some feedback about this.

2007/10/1, geiger@xdv.org <geiger@xdv.org>:
> Quoting Thomas de Grivel <billitch@gmail.com>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I think it would be great if someone else would take care of the package as
> > > the time I have available for debian packages is currently very limited.
> > > STK is not really straight forward to package, which is also the reason
> > > it is lagging behind. I would prefer if a single person would be
> > > responsible
> > > for it (see also the ardour problems). So if debian multimedia would take
> > > care
> > > of it, then it would fall back on Free, and he surely has more than enough
> > > to do. Do you volunteer ?
> >
> > All right, I will take care of it.
> > I have a package for 4.3.0 right now based upon yours plus a few
> > changes. It just needs a bit of testing and then it should be ok.
> >

> Ok, great. Can you upload it or do you need an uploader ?

I need an uploader though I still wonder about the usability of this
package : the debian package has binaries with support for oss,
alsa and jack but the installed headers do not provide them unless
the user defines some (unprefixed) macros like __LINUX_ALSA__.

I feel we should at least create some config.h at compilation and
maybe include it in stk headers, or let the user include it. Another
less intrusive solution would be to create a pkgconfig file. I can do
both. Maybe even upstream would be interested ?

Regards,

--
  Thomas de Grivel