[SpHEAR-devel] Pull requests

Tim Maloney nakedrabbit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:09:48 PDT 2017

I started this as a separate thread so I would not confuse it with the other.

Having finished the physical build  of the *SpHEAR microphone, I’ve identified TWO areas in the PCB that need refining.  I remember Fernando suggesting I make a “pull request” with that information, but I must confess that as a non-programmer I haven’t the slightest idea what that is or how I would do it.

What?  Tim is a non-programmer?  Frankly, you are all shocked, I can tell.  Why, I did such a good job of appearing like I was.

Anyway, When I go to the GitLab site I see no way to submit a "pull request," which I did look up, so I have some idea what it is and that I would submit one.  Am I to have an account on GitLab?  Is that account to be somehow associated with the project?  Am I just not seeing where I would submit such a thing?  Why am I so dumb?  I wish I knew.

The two issues with the circuit board are the reversal of the transistors (they are marked upside down for how the circuit will be printed by a commercial service) and a discrepancy in where the ground is on the zapnspark diagrams.  According to one set of documents one of the end terminals is supposed to be the “Hot” signal, yet it is printed on the circuit board with a pad that has a square end.  On the other end of the circuit board the square pad is the ground.  So does square end mean ground or hot?

My working mic suggests I found the proper ground.

Tim Maloney
Professor, Department of Cinema and Television Arts
California State University, Fullerton
657.278.2923  CP650-22