[SpHEAR-devel] Pull requests

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Fri Oct 20 20:38:19 PDT 2017

Hi Tim.

There's no better time to learn about git (and Gitlab).

So yes, in order to make a "pull request", you'd need an account on the
private Gitlab server at Stanford. Actually, "pull requests" are named
"merge requests" in Gitlab. Here's how to proceed:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/workflow/forking_workflow.html

But if you're not familiar with git, and are in a hurry, the learning
curve could be a bit steep, so instead you could create a patch and
send it to the maintainer of the repository, so he (or she) could
integrate your changes. Here's how to create the patch:
git diff --cached --binary > mypatch.patch

--
Marc