[PlanetCCRMANews] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] new jack in "stable" and another in "testing" (including jackdmp!)

Paul Coccoli planetccrma at ccrma.stanford.edu
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:13:36 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi all...
>  I pushed jack 0.109.2 from the testing repository to the normal
>  planetccrma repository for all to enjoy :-)
>
>  In planetccrma-testing there's now a _new_ version of jack (0.109.10
>  svn). This one is special, it includes the normal jackd and also an
>  advance preview of jackdmp plus a wrapper library (both thanks to the
>  superb work of Stéphane Letz) that enables you to use one or the other
>  without changing anything else. For more details about jackdmp see:

0.109.10svn (normal jackd, not jackdmp) is working well here, except
that specimen (0.5.2-0.1.rc3.fc7.ccrma) crashes on startup.  Not sure
if it's jack-related or not.

On a related note, this combo of jack and kernel
(2.6.24.3-1.rt1.2.fc7.ccrmart) seems to be working well on my machine.
 I can now run with a period of 256, instead of my normal 512, with no
xruns.  This was with Ardour, ams, a few fluidsynths, and seq24
running.  Unfortunately, I haven't been consistent in trying this and
noting the results, so I don't know which update helped.

Thanks for all the hard work!