[PlanetCCRMA] preempt=full in 5.16.0 (was: Akmod for the realtime kernel)

Mon Jan 24 15:16:04 PST 2022

On 1/24/22 2:10 PM, Nils Tonnätt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I checked out the upcoming kernel for Fedora 35:
>
> [    0.069100] Kernel command line:
> BOOT_IMAGE=(hd2,gpt2)/boot/vmlinuz-5.16.2-200.fc35.x86_64
> root=UUID=7812bc02-a2ea-4335-bc7b-636e1612841a ro rhgb quiet threadirqs
> preempt=full
> [    0.069632] Dynamic Preempt: full
>
> This week is kernel test week. So probably next week, we will have a
> kernel with dynamic preemption in Fedora.

Yes, very good news! Thanks for following up!

I have a custom build of that one (5.16.2) running on both my home
"music computers" (Fedora 34) and they work great! I need a custom build
because of a problem with the motu driver - it needs a patch to be able
to run in "vendor" mode with 64 channels I/O. I also created an akmod
for the driver and you can add it to any kernel now (anyone interested
let me know)...

< you can always downloaded the latest untested builds from the Fedora
koji build server, that is where I get the .src.rpm package that I use
as a base >

-- Fernando