[PlanetCCRMA] fedora 23 and permissions

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Fri May 27 00:11:47 PDT 2016

On Fri, 27 May 2016, Oded Ben-Tal wrote:

> Many thanks, Orcan, for the response. What I found to be missing is a good documentation about users and groups - how do I find if the group
> jackuser exists? How do I add myself to it? I did not find this basic information in the fedora documentation on managing users and groups. (I
> still don't know how I do list all groups on my computer. for example to see if pulse-rt is there so I can add myself to it...)
> After several trials I think I got it working.
> Oded

Am I the only one who thinks that the easiest, and probably old fashioned,
way to manage groups and users is to edit (as root) the file /etc/group ?

If you are afraid of breaking things: it doesn't hurt if you just read
the file to see which groups exist and if you are added to any of the
groups. At least it answers your question "How do I list all groups on my
computer"

--

MT