[PlanetCCRMA] midi to dssi problem

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Fri May 27 00:02:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am having a strange problem that I have not encountered before.

1. I have jack running, using qjackctl
2. I start a DSSI synth, for example hexter or whysynth
3. I have a keyboard attached via USB-MIDI (Yamaha Reface DX)

In qjackctl my DSSI synth is connected to audio, and I can hear sound when
I click on "Send Testnote" in the whysynth and hexter interface

In qjackctl the RefaceDX midi-out is connected to Whysynth's or Hexter's
midi-in. Now my problem: I can't play my DSSI synth from my external
keyboard. Strange, because all connection look correct in Qjackctl.

Also strange because when I try LV2 synths or even Windows VST synths
(using dssi-vst) it does work normally!

Anyone has seen this issue lately, or can explain?

--

MT