[PlanetCCRMA] Getting back to Planet CCRMA

Tue Jun 28 19:54:56 PDT 2016

On 06/28/2016 05:38 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> I switched from Fedora 23 to Debian "Stretch" last year, and then to
> Ubuntu 16.04 GNOME last month. I'm now coming back to Fedora (24) for a
> variety of reasons.

Welcome back![*] :-)

>I'm not sure I need a patched kernel, but if I do,
> what's the best way to get it for Fedora 24? Going back to earlier
> Fedora releases isn't an option for my other projects, which are rather
> dependent on Fedora's "cloud infrastructure" and workstation developer
> tools.
>
> I'm not averse to building my own kernel packages - it's been a while
> since I had the infrastructure set up for that but if that's the best
> way I'll do it. My current audio project will most likely be in ChucK /
> miniAudicle, which I'm definitely building from source.

Regretfully I have had 0 time to start working on fc24 - I still have to
set up my build environment for it and then try to start building
stuff.Hopefully not a big deal but like everything it eats up hours... I
can try tomorrow and see how far it goes...

You could start without the rt kernel if that is an option...
Best,
-- Fernando

[*] it would be interesting to hear a bit about your experiences in
those foreign lands...

> --
> How many people can stand on the shoulders of a giant before the giant
> collapses?

Not that many...