[PlanetCCRMA] Plans for testing / integration with Fedora 20?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Tue Sep 17 20:46:37 PDT 2013

Quoting Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>:

> On 09/17/2013 04:48 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>> I've got a machine (HP Pavilion dv4 laptop with pretty good audio)
>> running Fedora 20, installed from the 'Jam-KDE' spin
>> (http://spins.fedoraproject.org/jam-kde/). I want to start testing
>> Planet CCRMA on it. What's the best way to do that?
>>
>> At the moment I'm mostly interested in ChucK and Pure Data.
>
> Hmmm, Fedora _20_?
> Maybe you meant Fedora 19...

Nope ... alpha testing Fedora 20. It's pretty solid - I haven't had
any glitches at all and I'm about to hook up JACK to see if I can make
anything break. Then I'll be testing Pure Data Extended and
ChucK/miniAudicle from source. The build scripts are simple. The
'formal' alpha release for Fedora 20 is next week, IIRC.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://znmeb.github.io/CompJournoStick/

Pondering the pandemonium of pontificating pantheism to ponderous
pandas since 1994