[PlanetCCRMA] Plans for testing / integration with Fedora 20?

Tue Sep 17 21:43:04 PDT 2013

On 09/17/2013 08:46 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Quoting Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>:
>
>> On 09/17/2013 04:48 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>> I've got a machine (HP Pavilion dv4 laptop with pretty good audio)
>>> running Fedora 20, installed from the 'Jam-KDE' spin
>>> (http://spins.fedoraproject.org/jam-kde/). I want to start testing
>>> Planet CCRMA on it. What's the best way to do that?
>>>
>>> At the moment I'm mostly interested in ChucK and Pure Data.
>>
>> Hmmm, Fedora _20_?
>> Maybe you meant Fedora 19...
>
> Nope ... alpha testing Fedora 20. It's pretty solid - I haven't had
> any glitches at all and I'm about to hook up JACK to see if I can make
> anything break. Then I'll be testing Pure Data Extended and
> ChucK/miniAudicle from source. The build scripts are simple. The
> 'formal' alpha release for Fedora 20 is next week, IIRC.

Ah... ok.

You have a few more options. Depending on dependencies (no pun intended
:-) it might be possible to just install the Fedora 19 packages. You
could install the fc19 planetccrma-repo rpm and edit the repositories to
point to 19 even if you are in 20. And then cross fingers and yum install...

Another would be to try to rebuild the source .src.rpm packages. Should
be pretty easy for chuck, pd-extended is usually more involved.