[PlanetCCRMA] sced missing from Gedit plugins

Fri Jul 6 10:34:41 PDT 2012

On 07/06/2012 10:19 AM, Schindler, Allan wrote:
> On 07/05/2012 08:05 PM, Lopez-Lezcano, Fernando wrote:
>>  The class "Solver" is the first thing in that file, actually, so this
>>  error is really strange. Do you see that class in your version of that
> file?
> Yes. The Solver object is defined near the beginning of my
> /usr/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/MathLib/classes/Solver/Solver.sc
> file. Also defined in this file are RK, RK2, RK3, Rk4 and Euler:Solver,
> although I get "cannot find superclass" and/or parse errors for each
> of these.
>
>>  Could you check the package is not somehow corrupted? (rpm -V
>>  supercollider-mathlib to find out).
> This check reveals no errors. nd produces no output.
>
>>  I would also try to remove any local stuff you added in your home
>>directory (classes, etc), just in case.
>>Sorry you are still having problems...
> I temporarily removed ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins/gedit-plugin and
> the sced folder in this directory, then permanently deleted
> ~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/sced.gedit-plugin
>
> These files exist:
> /usr/lib/gedit/plugins/supercollider.plugin
> /usr/lib/gedit/plugins/supercollider.py
> /usr/lib/gedit/plugins/supercollider.pyc
> /usr/lib/gedit/plugins/supercollider.pyo
>
> I get similar compilation, parse and missing superclass errors
> for Solver and RK when launching gedit/sced and emancs -sclang,
> and very similar parse errors for
> /usr/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/JITLib/ProxySpace/wrapForNodeProxy.sc
> and
> /usr/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/dewdrop_lib/ddwGUIEnhancments3.4/recursiveResize.sc.
> Attempting to evaluate any Sc code with sced returns
> "Library has not been compiled successfully"
> I have included attachments with the complete error lists I
> get with sced and wth emacs in case they indicate something significant
> to a more trained eye than mine.

Looking at the errors you attached, for some reason some of the classes
are not compiling and triggering errors (it does not happen in my tests
and is not related to gedit or emacs - the sc compiler is barfing on
some of the code).

Have you installed sc manually at some point? If so, could you take a
look at what is in /usr/local/* to make sure there's nothing left of
somehow. Could you see what sc packages you actually have installed
right now?

rpm -q -a | grep ^supercollider

I would also rename ~/.local/share/SuperCollider to something else so
that there is no possibility of some extension you installed conflicting
with the base system.