[PlanetCCRMA] Can't load HDSP firmware on F-17

Sat Aug 25 11:20:09 PDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 11:14 AM, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> It's been awhile since I've had a system where I could use my RME
> Multiface. I have built myself a new box where I was hoping to do
> exactly that, but have run into an error that I hadn't seen inyears:
>
> Card 4 : RME Hammerfall DSP + Digiface at 0xf7d00000, irq 16
> Upload firmware for card hw:4
> Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:4 : Device or resource busy.
>
> Any and all thoughts most welcome. I'll be massively disappointed if I
> can't use my Multiface this time around.

We are using Multifaces at CCRMA on Fedora 17. It is a weird error
indeed, it would seem that something is already using the device, or the
device is not accessible. What do you see if you do a:

cat /proc/asound/cards
(looks like you have a lot of cards)

What if you remove the kernel module (with the card already online) and
insert it again?

/sbin/rmmod snd_hdsp
/sbin/modprobe snd_hdsp