[PlanetCCRMA] Can't install fedora 17 on dual-boot UEFI system

Ken Dawson dawsonwu at rahul.net
Tue Aug 7 21:08:26 PDT 2012

On 08/07/2012 01:01 PM, Stephan Neuhaus wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> [snip particulars]
>
> Can anyone please help me here? Since PlanetCCRMA is the only reason
> for me to use Linux at all, I am this -><- close to abandoning it
> altogether.

Stephan,

While it is not a direct response, I'd like to say that I found that the
four articles in the Linux Journal about the Linux and EFI by Roderick W.
Smith give some perspective to this new architecture.  They appear in
these issues:

    Date     Issue #
    Dec 2011 212
    Jan 2012 213
    Mar 2012 215
    Apr 2012 216

My son installed F17 X86_64 on a new Lenovo server, but, as we did not
have an existing Windows installation we wanted to preserve, we were able
to "cheat" and simulate a BIOS installation.

I hope the articles will help.

/ken