[PlanetCCRMA] Can't install fedora 17 on dual-boot UEFI system

Michael J. Wilson mwilson at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Aug 7 22:20:14 PDT 2012

Stephan,

It may be that you need a separate /boot partition:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Installation_Guide/s1-diskpartitioning-x86.html

"If your 64-bit x86 system uses UEFI instead of BIOS, you will need to
manually create a /boot partition. This partition must have an ext3 file
system. If you choose to partition automatically, your system will not
boot."

If you have already tried this could you please list your current and
desired partition layouts?  Also perhaps your machine type?  I have been
successfully dual-booting Windows 7 and F16 64-bit on a UEFI system so
it can be done!  Also, I have been able to use ext4 on my boot
partitions but I'm not sure if this is not recommended.

-Michael J. Wilson