[PlanetCCRMA] FC13 Pulseaudio/Jack Delta 1010

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sat Mar 26 17:10:49 PDT 2011

----------------original message-----------------
From: "Fernando Lopez-Lezcano" nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
To: kens at kensnet.org
CC: planetccrma at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:11:07 -0700

> On 03/26/2011 02:08 PM, Ken Smith wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm trying to get CCRMA (Jack/Ardour) to run on a x64 i7 system with a
>> pair of Delta 1010's.
>>
>> Jack sees hw:0, 1 and 2. 1 and 2 are the two 1010's. Jack starts if I
>> use the default profile, and Jack sees 2 inputs and 8 outputs. I haven't
>> checked which devices they are. If I set Jack to use hw:1 or 2 it fails
>> to start.
>
> What error do you get? If you use qjackctl for starting jack make sure
> that the "Interface" field is pointing to, say, "hw:1". "Frames/Period"
> to the default of 1024, and "Periods/Buffer" to the default of 2. Try
> starting jack...
>
> What does it print in the "Messages Pane"?
>
> My laptop has fc13 installed and while I don't have a 1010 I don't see
> problems starting jack with pulse running. We have tons of Delta 66's at
> CCRMA that work fine as well. Usually 1010's are easy.

That's why I have 1010's, good all rounder.

I also have a FC14 laptop that runs fine with CCRMA, Intel video driver
there.

> Let's see what problems you are getting.

For some reason copy/paste from the messages window of qjackctl didn't work
but if I run from the command line you get this

[root at studer-fc13 ~]# /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -r48000 -p1024 -n2 -i1
-o1
jackdmp 1.9.5
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2009 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
could not open driver .so '/usr/lib64/jack/jack_firewire.so': libffado.so.2:
could not open component .so '/usr/lib64/jack/jack_firewire.so':
libffado.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 60
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio1
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|2|48000|1|1|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
Using ALSA driver ICE1712 running on card 1 - M Audio Delta 1010 at 0xec00,
irq 16
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: cannot set channel count to 1 for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
Cannot initialize driver
JackServer::Open() failed with -1
Failed to start server

There are no firewire devices on this system so I'm not sure what that error
is about

I also tried with 8 inputs and outputs, same result.

Any pointers?? Thanks Ken

{snip}

> -- Fernando

{snip}