[PlanetCCRMA] FC13 Pulseaudio/Jack Delta 1010

Sat Mar 26 18:24:54 PDT 2011

On 03/26/2011 05:10 PM, Ken Smith wrote:

>> What does it print in the "Messages Pane"?
>>
>> My laptop has fc13 installed and while I don't have a 1010 I don't see
>> problems starting jack with pulse running. We have tons of Delta 66's at
>> CCRMA that work fine as well. Usually 1010's are easy.
>
> That's why I have 1010's, good all rounder.
>
> I also have a FC14 laptop that runs fine with CCRMA, Intel video driver
> there.
>>
>> Let's see what problems you are getting.
>>

> For some reason copy/paste from the messages window of qjackctl didn't work
> but if I run from the command line you get this
>
> [root at studer-fc13 ~]# /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -r48000 -p1024 -n2 -i1
> -o1

Here's the problem, you do not want to specify input and output
channels! Let jack decide and it will pick what the sound card supports.
You are saying basically "I want a mono in and mono out" jack instance.
The 1010 can't do that.

In the Setup dialog of qjackctl "Input Channels" and "Output Channels"
should be "default".

> jackdmp 1.9.5
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> Copyright 2004-2009 Grame.
> jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> could not open driver .so '/usr/lib64/jack/jack_firewire.so': libffado.so.2:
> could not open component .so '/usr/lib64/jack/jack_firewire.so':
> libffado.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 60
> audio_reservation_init
> Acquire audio card Audio1
> creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|2|48000|1|1|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> Using ALSA driver ICE1712 running on card 1 - M Audio Delta 1010 at 0xec00,
> irq 16
> configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
> ALSA: cannot set channel count to 1 for capture

And this is where it fails which is to be expected.

> ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
> Cannot initialize driver
> JackServer::Open() failed with -1
> Failed to start server
>
> There are no firewire devices on this system so I'm not sure what that error
> is about
>
> I also tried with 8 inputs and outputs, same result.
>
> Any pointers?? Thanks Ken

Don't specify the number of channels and it will (should?) work.