[PlanetCCRMA] FC13 Pulseaudio/Jack Delta 1010

Sat Mar 26 15:11:07 PDT 2011

On 03/26/2011 02:08 PM, Ken Smith wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get CCRMA (Jack/Ardour) to run on a x64 i7 system with a
> pair of Delta 1010's.
>
> Jack sees hw:0, 1 and 2. 1 and 2 are the two 1010's. Jack starts if I
> use the default profile, and Jack sees 2 inputs and 8 outputs. I haven't
> checked which devices they are.  If I set Jack to use hw:1 or 2 it fails
> to start.

What error do you get? If you use qjackctl for starting jack make sure
that the "Interface" field is pointing to, say, "hw:1". "Frames/Period"
to the default of 1024, and "Periods/Buffer" to the default of 2. Try
starting jack...

What does it print in the "Messages Pane"?

My laptop has fc13 installed and while I don't have a 1010 I don't see
problems starting jack with pulse running. We have tons of Delta 66's at
CCRMA that work fine as well. Usually 1010's are easy.

Let's see what problems you are getting.

> (I also need to get nVidia working on the rt kernel but that's another
> topic)

You need to install the akmod-nvidia package (part of the Planet CCRMA
"testing" repository on fc13" - install the planetccrma-repo-testing
package to enable it). This is what I have in the /boot/grub/grub.conf
line for the kernel in my laptop (with the nvidia driver):

   nouveau.modeset=0 rdblacklist=nouveau vmalloc=512M

-- Fernando