[PlanetCCRMA] FC13 Pulseaudio/Jack Delta 1010

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sat Mar 26 14:08:49 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm trying to get CCRMA (Jack/Ardour) to run on a x64 i7 system with a
pair of Delta 1010's.

Jack sees hw:0, 1 and 2. 1 and 2 are the two 1010's. Jack starts if I
use the default profile, and Jack sees 2 inputs and 8 outputs. I haven't
checked which devices they are.  If I set Jack to use hw:1 or 2 it fails
to start. I tried killing the pulseaudio process and making the setting
in pulse.conf to stop it restarting itself - no difference.

I only need one of the 1010's working. Two would be a bonus but not
essential.

Am I right that I don't need to bin Pulseaudio? Reading through the
list, I see differing views about that. If the system can't be used with
pulseaudio then I'd rather stop it, in order to do audio work, as
opposed to de-installing it.

I also saw a suggestion for a via-ice1712.conf file that Fernando
offered back in Sept '10. I tried that, but I must have missed something
as Jack still behaved the same way.

What settings/config files are folks using in similar configurations?

(I also need to get nVidia working on the rt kernel but that's another
topic)

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.