[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia on kernel-rt?

Peter Kirn peter at createdigitalmedia.net
Mon Mar 1 19:04:37 PST 2010

Right, but guys, this misses the point:

If you use akmod, you don't have to do that. Period. So long as the
headers are installed, *theoretically* the driver will build itself.
And it'll do that from NVIDIA's drivers; see the instructions I
originally posted.

So far, I've had just one bump, which is that for some reason the most
reason rt planetccrma build that got pushed out doesn't work. The
nvidia module gets built, but it's not loading; there's some other
issue.

Anyway, you should set Fedora to keep a few kernels in your boot menu
so you can easily revert in case of trouble. No big deal. (Actually, I
say that, and off the top of my head I don't recall how to make sure
grub and the kernel install do this, if anyone else remembers... I can
look this up and make a little guide, though.)

This won't help with MythTV, because it doesn't have akmod support. ;)