[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia on kernel-rt?

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 1 18:55:20 PST 2010

Paul Schmidt wrote:
> I usually install the nVidia driver that I download from the nVidia web
> site. The only downside to this is that you need to re-install if you
> upgrade the kernel. It's not very hard to do. A lesson that I learned
> from using MythTV: Once you have everything working, DO NOT
> UPGRADE/UPDATE ANYTHING. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Heck, I learned THAT lesson from using Windows!!  Of course, I was
reminded of that even with Linux after FINALLY getting my Wifi card
working AND reliable audio (without an RT kernel) using the same
configuration.  It's the main reason I'm still using FC 7.  It works
really well, and I just know that an upgrade is going to cause more
problems than it's worth.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be done, but it's a start:
http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio, mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
						- [Friedrich Nietzsche]