[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia on kernel-rt?

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 03:44:10 PST 2010

On 02/03/10 03:04, Peter Kirn wrote:
> Anyway, you should set Fedora to keep a few kernels in your boot menu
> so you can easily revert in case of trouble. No big deal. (Actually, I
> say that, and off the top of my head I don't recall how to make sure
> grub and the kernel install do this, if anyone else remembers... I can
> look this up and make a little guide, though.)

In /etc/yum.conf, set this line:

installonly_limit=3

This will keep the latest 3 kernels on the system. Keep in mind that if
you have the regular Fedora kernel and the rt kernel, it will keep 3 of
each,

Other than that, I agree with everything that's been said about akmod.
It's a very useful solution. I wrote about it on my blog some time ago:

http://blog.jonathangazeley.com/2009/08/fedora-kmod-nvidia-and-akmod-nvidia/

Cheers,
Jonathan