[PlanetCCRMA] Fwd: xjedeo

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 1 12:59:40 PST 2010

You are missing xjadeo's purpose here.

> Question: I guess xjadeo does what its description says, however, what
> happens to the audio in the video? I see no audio outputs created in

It is completely and utterly ignored, skipped, not even looked at.

In fact, you are encouraged to reencode your video clip to a format
that takes less CPU to decode, and stripping the audio from it helps.

If you want to mix in the original audio you must first extract it
from the video file and then include it independently as part of the
soundtrack in whatever software you are using to produce it.

This is a design decision: xjadeo is not a media player, is a
synchronization tool to help you decide when to trigger that gunshot
sample. If you want to watch fluent video and listen to the embedded
audio stream you should use mplayer, vlc, etc.

Default low frame rate is completely intentional. Video decoding is a
CPU intensive operation, especially on highly compressed formats.
xjadeo drops frames on purpose to use the least amount of CPU possible
so you can dedicate it to power up your softsynths, effects, etc.