[PlanetCCRMA] Building rpms... (fwd)

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sun Jan 31 01:29:58 PST 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Simon Lewis wrote:

> Hello Martin
>
> I agree with you - unfortunately I have been unable to find a procedure
> written for the "normal user" how to make an rpm sandbox in the HOME

> By default on Fedora 12 rpmbuild is hard-wired to /root/rpmbuild/...

No it isn't.

I have Fedora 12, and after running rpmdev-setuptree - as a normal user -
I have the rpmbuild tree in my HOME, and run rpmbuild from there without
problems. It used to be different in older Fedora versions, but now it is
working perfectly. Please try.

BTW: rpmdev-setuptree is part of the rpmdevtools package.

--

Martin